The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

2013 Off Season Thread

Nick22Bronco

Nick22Bronco

Well not much to write about... Hope the team has a nice mad Monday.

If Corey Norman is "passing" the beers around no one will be getting drunk. 
View all 213 comments
BringbackBRL

BringbackBRL

It's not - Channel 9 are doing it. 
Hancock02

Hancock02

Copley's injury is identical to Hala's injury. 
nopatience

nopatience

I think it is live on foxsports and Nine has it on delay. 
BringbackBRL

BringbackBRL

Ah ok. 
nopatience

nopatience

Copley is confirmed out for the season, surgery on Thursday. 
nopatience

nopatience

1 Josh Hoffman
2 Delroy Berryman
3 Justin Hodges
4 Jordan Kahu
5 Lachlan Maranta
6 Corey Norman
7 Peter Wallace
8 Ben Hannant
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Josh McGuire
11 Alex Glenn
12 Matt Gillett
13 Corey Parker
Interchange
14 Scott Prince
15 Sam Thaiday
16 Ben Hunt
17 David Stagg
18 Mitchell Dodds
19 Scott Anderson
20 Jack Reed
21 Joe Bond 
Morkel

Morkel

No Kemp. Wow. 
jazman84

jazman84

I'd say Hook is set on him and Maranta on the wings for rd 1, just giving Berryman some more game time with the NRL boys. 
nopatience

nopatience

He missed the entire offseason and half the preseason. He's not going to be the walk-in everyone seems to think. 
Morkel

Morkel

Hope you're right. Berryman, Kahu & Maranta all fighting it out? 
Morkel

Morkel

Same with prince. I reckon they'll reward the better of Norman & Wallace from the first half & pair them with prince for the 2nd half. 
HarrySack

HarrySack

;feature=youtu.be

2:17 is great if you're an Eels supporter :) 
Morkel

Morkel

This sort of confirms that Kemp has one spot sewn up. Considering it's from the Broncos' own media guys, and not a speculative press, it has a bit of weight:

"Delroy Berryman, Jordan Kahu and Lachlan Maranta all have been named to start in the backline as they fight for one of the wing spots for the round one match against Manly on March 8."

http://www.broncos.com.au/news-display/Sam-And-Jack-On-The-Attack/68602 
harr

harr

Hopefully Kemp still has the speed. He will sure be useful to get our tryscoring numbers back up. Watching that highlight reel just made me miss the 06' team though :( 
HarrySack

HarrySack

It was pretty special wasn't it. I really miss the 08 team tbh. Bloody Ashton!!!! 
HarrySack

HarrySack

I think it'll be Maranta and Kemp 
Morkel

Morkel

Looking at the highlight, that speed is something that's been not even lacking, but non-existent. Look for a whole host of grubbers to Kemp's corner, especially from around the 20 - 30 metre out area. 
MrChook

MrChook

Kemp is a nice cheapy on Supercoach Morks. You gonna put him in? 
harr

harr

That last game is something we will remember for the rest of our lives :( 
HarrySack

HarrySack

In B4 Les and co saying it's one of their favourite moments in recent times...

Tbh, I believe Manly would have rolled us, but I would have liked the opportunity to try. 
Morkel

Morkel

If he's named for round 1. To tell the truth he's been in my 25 all along, just hoping :) 
MrChook

MrChook

Yeah, I snuck him in there too. With Copley gone for the season and with Yow Yeh still an unknown date for return I think Kemp will get some game time. 
nopatience

nopatience

Broncos are planning a new $20 million high performance centre which by the sounds of things may even include the relocation of the football department. 
Hancock02

Hancock02

Season launch on the 1 March. 
Morkel

Morkel

WTF is up with ticketing? You still can't buy tickets for round 1. Monday they go on sale, less than 2 weeks before the season starts. I haven't renewed my full membership because of the baby coming and the fact that there are too many Friday games again, so haven't had to buy game-only tickets for a while, so is this normal to have them available so late? 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

I guess this is why the AFL have higher ticketed members as no one club as the same slot every week. Friday Night is a great slot for watching the game on TV but bad slot for people who work who find it difficult to go straight from work to a game. Not everyone finishes at 5pm. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
ALX21 - RD 20 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.NikorimaCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Bambling11 C.Hess
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.
qldr80 - Also in regards to the girl on the DD team, I have seen her play at club level and I can tell you she definitely holds her own. Was a sha...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168